22 August 2019

Cormorant by Elizabeth Cooke

Peterborough Sculpture ParkCreature

Cormorant by Elizabeth Cooke

Elizabeth Cooke’s sculpture, Cormorant, is perfectly placed in Thorpe Meadows where the real-life cormorants frequent the waters. Made from a combination of found and hand finished materials, the characteristics of this bird have been recreated with skill and simplicity. He stands proud – catch in beak, wings spread wide. Cormorant was purchased in 2007 after being on loan from the artist. (Source: Vivacity)

I resumed my sculpture trail in Peterborough Sculpture Park one Sunday morning earlier this month, just covering the first four sculptures located from the car park and on the south side of Peterborough Rowing Course - Foster's Outside in, Winner's People, Jegede's Endless Omen and Cooke's Cormorant. I have to limit my stay for an hour on this day as I forgot to bring some coins for the car parking. A blessing in disguise because an hour's stay is free and I had my day's worth of exercising done as well.

All photos were taken with a micro four thirds camera (https://amzn.to/2K8BUl6) attached with a telephoto zoom lens (https://amzn.to/2YvqiMJ).