23 August 2019

Bird In Flight by Bob Dawson

Bird in Flight by Bob Dawson

‘Bird in Flight’ is made from sheet metal and was originally one of the first sculptures commissioned by Peterborough Environment City Trust. The sculpture represents the wild life of the Fens which surrounds Peterborough. (Source: Vivacity)

One Saturday afternoon, we went to Ferry Meadows to join our community's family fun day picnic. After lunch, I brought my older son for a walk planning to take some silhouettes for my July photography project and also to continue with my public sculpture photography project on our way to Thorpe Meadows.

All photos were taken with a micro four thirds camera (https://amzn.to/2K8BUl6) attached with a telephoto zoom lens (https://amzn.to/2YvqiMJ).

I knew Ferry Meadows have several public sculptures that we have passed by several times in previous visits so I might as well take some photos along the way. So, on this long walk to Thorpe Meadows I took photos of Thomson's Sentinel, Dawson's Bird in Flight and Jeni Cairns' metal sculpture. It was a windy day and rained heavily on our way back and thankfully I've managed to take all the photos I needed before the rains.