16 August 2019

Outside in by John Foster

Peterborough Sculpture ParkPeople


Outside in by John Foster

This was the first sculpture purchased for Peterborough by the Development Corporation in 1978. It is an oiled steel piece which was for many years at the Herlington Centre, Orton Malbourne. It is now based in Thorpe Meadows; the first sculpture on the South side of the rowing lake from the hotel end. (Source: Vivacity)

I resumed my sculpture trail in Peterborough Sculpture Park one Sunday morning earlier this month, just covering the first four sculptures located from the car park and on the south side of Peterborough Rowing Course - Foster's Outside in, Winner's People, Jegede's Endless Omen and Cooke's Cormorant. I have to limit my stay for an hour on this day as I forgot to bring some coins for the car parking. A blessing in disguise because an hour's stay is free and I had my day's worth of exercising done as well.

All photos were taken with a micro four thirds camera (https://amzn.to/2K8BUl6) attached with a telephoto zoom lens (https://amzn.to/2YvqiMJ).