26 June 2023

St Albans Cathedral from the inside: Gallery



If you have not read the story of my visit to St Albans Cathedral please go here or click the link above.

After wandering outside the cathedral grounds enjoying the beautiful gardens and nearby Clock Tower, I entered the Cathedral through the gift shop. I managed to see some of the highlight places inside the cathedral. I come from a cathedral city myself and St Albans is just as magnificent as our very own Peterborough Cathedral. Our cathedral looks bigger from the inside because of its open plan design while St Albans have walls separating the different parts of the Cathedral.

I visited the cathedral city of St Albans in January 2022 when I had a few hours to spare while waiting for my wife attend her lessons from the nearby university in Hatfield. The city is just a 15-minute drive from Hatfield, which is an hour and 15 minutes drive from my city of Peterborough. I decided to just visit two famous places in the city that are close to each other - St Albans Cathedral and the ruins of the Roman Theatre of Verulamium.

All photos were taken with a micro four thirds camera (https://amzn.to/2Qjtg8h) attached with a telephoto zoom lens (https://amzn.to/32TeGWA).

Photo Gallery