18 August 2019

Endless Omen by Emmanuel Jegede

Peterborough Sculpture ParkCormorant

Endless Omen by Emmanuel Jegede... or what's left of it

I resumed my sculpture trail in Peterborough Sculpture Park one Sunday morning earlier this month, just covering the first four sculptures located from the car park and on the south side of Peterborough Rowing Course - Foster's Outside in, Winner's People, Jegede's Endless Omen and Cooke's Cormorant. I have to limit my stay for an hour on this day as I forgot to bring some coins for the car parking. A blessing in disguise because an hour's stay is free and I had my day's worth of exercising done as well.

Unfortunately, this sculpture is no longer available; instead, a few remnants of the wooden sculpture is what you will see. I did not realise it at first. I was a bit confused to see just the cylindrical stand and then on the side are pieces of wood stacked together. When I went home I checked on this sculpture on the internet. The original piece is found in Peterborough Sculpture Trust's website.

All photos were taken with a micro four thirds camera (https://amzn.to/2K8BUl6) attached with a telephoto zoom lens (https://amzn.to/2YvqiMJ).