8 November 2019

St John the Baptist Church


St John the Baptist Church is a Grade I listed Church of England parish church in the city of Peterborough. The present St John the Baptist Church is situated in Cathedral Square and is only a few minutes walk away from Peterborough Cathedral. This seemingly strange state of affairs is due to the fact that the cathedral was for the monks and the church for the townspeople. It is officially designated as Peterborough's parish church and, as such, its vicar bears the title of the Vicar of Peterborough. (Source: Wikipedia)

Passing by this church is a regular scene when I go to work in the office and also when the family is in the city centre. I have been inside the church only once, to look at the photo exhibition staged by the local photographic society a few years ago.

It is beautiful inside the church and maybe it's not so bad to plan a photoshoot of this church both inside and outside. The church's website has a very useful page called Walk Round Tour and I might use that as my guide when I finally get the chance to photograph this city church.

Recently, I took a photo of the church after a visit to Peterborough Cathedral to see Gaia and also to take photos of the Cathedral to feature in the September part of my photography project, Project 12.