16 September 2019

Pyramid by John Maine

Photowalk | Pyramid | Wood sculptures

Pyramid by John Maine

John Maine’s large work ‘Pyramid’, made from Portland stone and acquired in 1979, used to stand alone at Ferry Meadows Country Park (Source: Vivacity). At present, there are a few more public sculptures sharing the open space with the Pyramid at Ferry Meadows such as Thomson's Sentinel, Dawson's Bird in Flight and Jeni Cairns' metal sculpture. Also worth mentioning are the wood sculptures found scattered around the country park as well.

I took these photos of wood sculptures during a photowalk/running on the last day of August. My wife did all of the running and I just hold the water bottle for her while I did a photowalk at a leisurely pace. We covered a large expanse of the country park on this day's walk, and some paths we only took for the first time. We must have walked 12+ kilometres, the farthest I've done so far that I have sore and aching arthritic feet for at least a couple of days.

All photos were taken with a micro four thirds camera (https://amzn.to/2K8BUl6) attached with a telephoto zoom lens (https://amzn.to/2YvqiMJ).