20 September 2019

More wood sculptures in Ferry Meadows

Photowalk | Pyramid | Wood sculptures


I took these photos of wood sculptures during a photowalk/running on the last day of August. My wife did all of the running and I just hold the water bottle for her while I did a photowalk at a leisurely pace. We covered a large expanse of the country park on this day's walk, and some paths we only took for the first time. We must have walked 12+ kilometres, the farthest I've done so far that I have sore and aching arthritic feet for at least a couple of days.

I did not plan out to photograph more wood sculptures in Ferry Meadows for this walk. I have already photographed the Sentinel a few weeks earlier. This time I started out with an owl inside a tree, familiar to us on every previous walks but I have not taken a picture before.

The surprise was finding a wood sculpture of a shepherd with his dogs in the Riverside Walk, which starts after crossing Milton Bridge. So, I thought there maybe a few more wood sculptures lurking around during our walk, waiting to be photographed.

Indeed, I found two more wooden sculptures in the Wildlife Garden beside the Visitor Centre. There were a few more wooden sculpture I have thought of as minor ones, mostly found near the children's area but I did not took notice of them. I should go back for them next time.

All photos were taken with a micro four thirds camera (https://amzn.to/2K8BUl6) attached with a telephoto zoom lens (https://amzn.to/2YvqiMJ).

Photo Gallery