3 August 2019

Wordless Wednesday 13-16 backstories


This is the penultimate backstory post on Wordless Wednesday images posted in 2018. The first two unusual images were taken by a 360 camera and converted into 'planets.' On the other hand, the last two photos were taken with a smartphone, the LG G4. Coincidentally, the photos featured here were taken by non-traditional digital cameras. Amazing how far technology have changed photography for ordinary people like me.

Swallowed by reed

This photo was taken in summer 2018 when we went to Springfields Outlet Shopping & Leisure in Spalding to buy school shoes for our son. Afterwards, we made a quick visit to the adjacent Springfields Festival Gardens to enjoy the many differently themed gardens. I took this photo near a reed bed with a Xiaomi Mi Sphere 360 panoramic camera and converted it to get an inverted planet effect. The resulting image looked fun and scary at the same time, thus, the title I used for the image.

Choo-choo

In early summer 2018 I joined my work colleagues for our two-day quarterly team-building activity in Nottingham, part of which was a tour of Wollaton Hall. This photo of me inside the train on my way home to Peterborough was captured again with a Xiaomi Mi Sphere 360 panoramic camera and converted to a tiny planet to make it look weird and fun.

Respect

This picture is part of the wall in our neighbourhood underpass that was painted with graffiti art by a young people's charity a few years back. This is a welcome sight as previously all you can see are infantile graffiti from talentless juvenile vandals. The underpass was our normal everyday route when I walk my children to school in their primary school days. Now that they are in secondary school, we still use the underpass in going grocery shopping and other needs at Bretton Centre. I used an LG G4 smartphone in taking this picture and edited it on Snapseed to get that grunge look.

Guildhall at night

This wonderful sight is that of the Guildhall at night decorated with Christmas lights in 2015. I think we just had our family dinner at the nearby Nando's restaurant when I took this photo. Again, I used an LG G4 smartphone for this photo and did some editing on Snapseed.