2 August 2019

Early morning photowalk in Ferry Meadows


One mid-spring day in early April 2015 I joined fellow photography enthusiasts for an early morning photowalk in Ferry Meadows. It was a wet and gloomy day, not ideal for photography but we made do with what we had. There was no specific subject we wanted to capture, only that we take a walk in the park and shoot whatever we like. That means shooting landscapes and wildlife. I did get to practice on my close-up photography.

I went there to scope out the area for future visits and while there took some images, too. I am not a morning person so it was a bit of a shock to be up early. As expected, I reacted slowly and did more sightseeing than photographing. I've been to Ferry Meadows several times but mostly for walking exercises, but part of the route we took was not so familiar. We ended up our hour-long walk with a coffee before we went our separate ways.

All photos were taken with a micro four thirds camera (https://amzn.to/2SZwtaS) attached with a telephoto zoom lens (https://amzn.to/2SYS7ff).