18 July 2019

3/12: New growth welcomes spring


The month of March ushers in spring with new plant growth transforming the landscape. Dull grey and brown surroundings changed to fresh green and other bright colours. Hope springs eternal as life begins again.

New growth is the subject I chose for this monthly project. I did not need to go far as my own neighbourhood was a great source of new plant growth. And with this subject, I get to practice macro or close-up photography again.

All photos were taken with an Olympus OMD E-M5 II micro four thirds camera attached with the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50 mm f/3.5-6.3 standard kit lens (incl macro mode).

However, this was a poorly executed photography session. Light was not a big issue although I did purposely chose subjects in poorly lit areas in my backyard for some of the photos in this post. With macro photography there is no room for error or you get blurry pictures, which is what you see here. I was lazy and I thought I could wing it with just my handholding technique (very shaky hands) and the camera's in-built stabilisation. This series was not my best so far.

(April is next in the series)