25 July 2019

4/12: Changing skies


It is the middle of spring where the skies are at its most changeable, from light to dark or stormy to calm in successive moments. I was hoping to catch a stormy sky. Alas, April had almost ended and I have not had that opportunity. I opted for a less dramatic cloudy sky instead.

The theme for the April segment of Project 12 is changing skies and the photos I took were from my back garden taken in a very short period. I took more than 10 photos but only these three in this post are the best of the lot. The camera I mainly used was the Olympus OMD E-M5 II mounted with the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm II f/4.0-5.6 telephoto lens. But I wanted to take a wider shot of the skies so I quickly got my old Olympus PEN E-PM1 camera mounted with the Olympus 9mm f/8 fisheye body cap lens to capture some images.

The first two photos below were taken with the fisheye body cap lens while that of the antenna was with the telephoto lens at its widest view. This segment on changing skies was a failure as again I find myself almost out of time waiting for a more dramatic stormy sky.

(May is next in the series)