27 July 2019

Wordless Wednesday 9-12 backstories



Again, this batch of Wordless Wednesday images don't follow a theme and were taken between 2013-2015. The red phonebooth photo was from a photo walk I did in London while the rest of the photos are close up shots of plants, a subject I was very enthusiastic back then.

Red phonebooth

This photo was taken in early December 2013 in a photo walk in Central London. I wrote about that photowalk in an earlier blogpost, Central London day trip. The photos from this photowalk were all taken with a Olympus PEN E-PL2 camera mounted with the Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm f/2.8 lens.

Buttercup

This photo is that of a creeping buttercup flower (Ranunculus repens) shot from above. This is part of a series of photos I took in our back garden in 2014 to test my then newly-bought second-hand Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50 mm f/3.5-6.3 standard kit lens in macro mode. The lens was mounted on the Olympus OMD E-M10 micro four thirds camera.

Green mint leaves

This old photo was taken in 2013 as part of the many close up photos taken with my first macro lens set-up, two legacy lenses made up of the Minolta MD Rokkor 50mm f/1/4 lens attached to a Vivitar 2x macro tele-converter. I think I used my old Olympus PEN E-PL1 micro four thirds camera in this instance.

Forget-me-not

This shot of a forget-me-not flower (Myosotis sp.) was taken one morning in 2015. I just dropped my wife at local Peterborough gym in Thorpe Wood when I decided to go for a photowalk instead of joining her at the gym. Behind the gym is Bluebell Wood, a part of the Ferry Meadows Country Park. I scoped out the wood for interesting subjects and this tiny flower caught my fancy. I took this photo with my Olympus OMD E-M10 camera mounted with the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50 mm f/3.5-6.3 standard kit lens in macro mode.