11 July 2019

2/12: Queensgate footbridge


Queensgate Footbridge links the city centre (via Queensgate Shopping Centre) to the railway station of Peterborough. Underneath the bridge is the A15 Bourges Boulevard. Both the footbridge and the boulevard underwent modern refurbishment in recent years. This makes the rail station more accessible with the addition of a pedestrian crossing near the footbridge.

I used to go to the rail station through this bridge when I had regular work-related travels outside of Peterborough. I still do but work travels are very rare these days. Instead, I use the footbridge on my way to work although there are better routes to use as well.

All photos were taken with a micro four thirds camera (https://amzn.to/2yCGTUF) attached with a standard kit lens (https://amzn.to/2YdMdg8).

For the February part of Project 12, I chose the idea of capturing images of city bridges. Peterborough is not known for bridges and I only know a few. Queensgate footbridge is not the best bridge to photograph in Peterborough. The nearby railway bridge is more iconic to photograph. I wanted to incorporate street photography on my photos that is why I chose the footbridge. Besides, I had to drag my whining teenagers to this photography session, and the footbridge is the convenient option.

(March is next in the series)