4 October 2019

Greetings from Mississauga, Canada!


Mississauga is a city in Ontario, a province of Canada, and a suburb of Toronto. Its population in 2016 is more than 3x than that of my city of Peterborough. It is also the home city of one-half of my youngest brother (the other half now in Qatar), his wife and toddler son.

I asked my brother to send me a postcard of his city by electronic means so I can feature it in my blog. He did and that was a year ago. It is not that the Canadian internet service was slow. It was my proscrastination! Sorry, bro.

At the back of the postcard, it says:

Situated long the shores of Lake Ontario, the City of Mississauga is home to world class recreation venues, shopping centres, restaurants and sporting events. Sights of distinction within the Mississauga landscape include the Absolute World Condos (also known as the 'Marilyn Monroe' Condos) and Mississauga Celebration Square where many year-round events are held. 

My brother wrote a message on the back of the postcard that he was looking forward to our visit to his city so they can show us around. Well, I am still waiting for the plane tickets, bro. Seriously, I would love to see his family and his city but we are still waiting for that winning jackpot lottery ticket to be sent to us by some mysterious benefactor.