9 October 2018

London canal trip from Little Venice to Camden Lock

Main | Camley Street Natural Park | Canal trip | King's Cross concourse

Flickr

Camley Street Natural Park to Little Venice - from one oasis of peace and tranquillity to another off we went for our team building exercise after finishing the morning's meeting.

But first, we had to get lunch out of the way at a nearby restaurant. Then we headed to Jason's Wharf to wait for the narrowboat. Jason, an authentic century-plus-old canal boat originally used as a cargo vessel before it was converted to a passenger vessel for tourists. The trip with Jason is a 45-minute ride one way with side commentary, which I must admit was not listening to intently as I was busy taking in the interesting views and taking photos of them.

Unfortunately, it was only a one-way trip we took as it was late in the day and we have to rush off to our different railways stations to go home. I sat on the left side of the boat from Little Venice to Camden Lock so all my photos were taken from that side.

The first thing you will notice from this trip are the narrowboats, and there are loads of them of different shapes, sizes, and colour. The traffic in the canal is also quite busy.





The canal trip goes under a few tunnels so I thought I would practice on my motion blur shots, not very successful but decent enough for a beginner like me.





And of course, there was bound to be some interesting shots to take in on that 45-minute boat ride, like the graffiti, the red crawling leaves on the walls, the green walkway. Unfortunately, I have not taken shots of the mansions we passed by. I don't know why, must be envy!





Jason's route let us pass by ZSL London Zoo, particularly Snowdon's Aviary, which I think I have visited once when I joined my boys on a school trip to the zoo some years ago.




Then we arrived at Camden Lock and shortly after Jason docked after passing through Camden Lock Bridge. Camden was very busy when we arrived so I just soaked in on the atmosphere and enjoyed the views at the busy market before heading off to the Underground to catch a train back to King's Cross railway station. All in all it was a great experience for a non-Londoner like me.




More information

Jason's Trip - http://www.jasons.co.uk/
Canal & River Trust - Little Venice
Wikipedia - Little Venice
Visit London - Little Venice
Wikipedia - Camden Lock
ZSL London Zoo - Snowdon Aviary

Camera gear:

Flickr album - https://flic.kr/s/aHsmqJ5N4n