15 November 2019

Peterborough Museum


Peterborough Museum and Art Gallery houses the historical and art collections of my city of Peterborough. The building was originally a private house dating from 1816, but later became the city's first hospital (1857-1928). In 1968, it was presented to the city by the Peterborough Museum Society. (Source: Wikipedia)

Last year, I went to see Treasures, an exhibition featuring important objects that represent great treasures of Peterborough's past, at the city museum. These items are borrowed from such well-known museums as the Victoria and Albert Museum and the British Museum, as well as other significant collections.

Prior to that visit, I have been to the city museum only once and that was with colleagues on a break from a team meeting. I am now on the lookout for events like Treasures as I am a bit of a history fan.