28 October 2019

10/12: Colours of Autumn


Autumn leaf color is a phenomenon that affects the normal green leaves of many deciduous trees and shrubs by which they take on, during a few weeks in the autumn season, various shades of red, yellow, purple, black, blue, orange, magenta, and brown. (Source: Wikipedia)

Autumn is one of my favourite season of the year together with spring. In this season, nature provides us with a stunning display of leaves of different colours like red, orange and yellow. They are best observed in leafy country parks and other protected areas like nature reserves and national parks where there are huge swathes of woodland areas.

So, for the month of October I chose the subject 'Colours of autumn' for my monthly photography project. I planned to go to Ferry Meadows and nearby parts of Nene Park in order to get beautiful shots of trees with different coloured foliage. But the weather did not cooperate and my weekends were not free this month so I opted to get my photos in my neighbourhood instead.

The change in the leaves' colours are late this year, at least in the usual places that I go to in our neighbourhood. The best time to observe the coloured leaves is usually in November so I guess it was too early for this theme. However, I still managed to get images that capture the colours of autumn in our neighbourhood.

All photos were taken with an Android smartphone (https://amzn.to/31RLgqV) and a micro four thirds camera (https://amzn.to/2WicYMa) attached with a standard kit lens (https://amzn.to/2MPZMen).

(November is next in the series)

Photo gallery